Follow my blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Easy Chicken and Rice Soup (tastes like Demo's)

If you've ever had Demo's restaurants soup then you know how great it is. This recipe that my mother in law gave me tastes exactly like it and it is so easy. Just throw all the ingredients in a pot on the stove and simmer. I call my mother in law Martha Stewart because she is an amazing cook so if she tells me a recipe is good then I'm automatically impressed. And to find out you could get the same taste with canned chicken was a wonderful surprise. I've made this over and over again. Make this for your family with rolls and salad. It'll look like you cooked all night.


Bring 3 c of water to a boil. Add 1 3/4 c of minute rice, let stand 5 min.
Add to rice :
2 1/2 c of water
30 oz of chicken broth
20 oz cream of chicken soup
4 T lemon juice
1 stick of butter
1 T parsley flakes
1 can of white chicken breast meat
Salt and pepper to taste
Add onion powder and garlic powder ( or sauté an onion with 3 cloves of garlic)

Simmer for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment