Follow my blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 20, 2014

Easy Enchilada Casserole

Enchilada casserole is one of my husbands favorite meals and it makes a lot so you can eat on it for a few days. It warms up great in the microwave too. I think its even better the second day too.  One of the tricks to having dinner ready on a crazy hurried night is by cooking on a "non" sports night and then having leftovers to eat the next night when you are in a hurry to get to ball. We just ate on the tuna casserole and the lasagna leftovers for the last few days. I will post the lasagna recipe in the future for one of those "non"sports nights when you have the time to make it. Its time consuming but it is the best lasagna I've ever had and like I said you can eat on it for a few days.

This recipe can be made so many different ways with whatever you have on hand. I've made it with ground beef or chicken also. If you use the ground beef though be sure to add 1 tspn salt to the pound of ground beef. And if you use the chicken you can use 2-3 cooked chicken breasts. (I've also used a large can of chicken)

Hubby's favorite Enchilada Casserole

1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 can of refried beans
2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 can of enchilada sauce 14oz (I prefer red)
12 small flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 375. Mix enchilada sauce with the black beans in a bowl. Put a half of a cup of the refried beans on bottom of 13x9 dish. Arrange 3 tortillas in a layer, top with 1/3 of the refried beans, top with the black beans, then the cheese. Repeat twice more. Tear remaining tortillas and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle cheese on top of this. Bake 20min till bubbly. Serve with sour cream on top. Hubby likes hot sauce on his.
6-8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment